Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Urology Appointment

All I had scheduled for today was an appointment with a Urologist's Physician's Assistant for sperm banking. She mostly got my information and some of my medical history, and went over the risks with chemotherapy regarding fertility. During the chemo, it is quite common to be infertile but, 99.9% of the time, it's only temporary. Dr. Burt said there's really no reason not to bank sperm because you can get tested a year or so after the chemo and get rid of the samples if they're not necessary.

That's all until next Wednesday. Next on my schedule is an appointment with Dr. Burt on the 20th. He should have all of the results from my tests so far, and I'll ask the all of the questions I have. I'm sure he'll have more specific information since the dates are set for the transplant, and he has picked the two cords I will be getting. I'll be enjoying myself in Chicago, staying healthy, and trying to not lose weight until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment