Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day +16

I had the impression that there would be more restrictions than I actually have. Avoid public swimming areas, taking out the trash (wear gloves if necessary), dust, construction sites and major home remodeling, gardening and major yardwork. They will check my vaccine titers at my one year follow up to see if I need to be reimmunized. No live vaccinations, and I have to avoid people who have had one recently. Wash my hands after being around pets, and before/after all of the typical things you can guess. Avoid sick people, major crowds, go to the movies, shopping, and restaurants during slower times. I can exercise and go to the gym when I feel up to it. No diet restrictions.

I'll stay on Cyclosporine and Cellcept for 9-12 months until the risk of graft rejection is gone. I'll also be on Acyclovir, an anti-viral, Diflucan, an anti-fungal, Bactrim, to protect against pneumocystosis, and Magnesium, for Cyclosporine. I'll have blood drawn every week for a month, every 2 weeks for 2 months, then monthly. I'll go back for the first follow up in 6 months.

The bone pain went away yesterday, as they said it would. Still a bit tired from everything but, other than that, I feel great. The stem cells will start healing the inflammation that I have left, and hopefully the stricture, so I should keep feeling better and better until then. I won't be posting as many updates from now on, but I'll make sure any relevant information is on here and update how I'm feeling as things keep healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment