Friday, September 23, 2011

Day +28

My blood counts were fine on Monday, just needed some more adjustment for Cyclosporine. I started getting sick on Monday night. Just a runny nose and bit of a sore throat. A friend I hung out with was just about over being sick, but not completely, and I forgot to ask about it. A strep swab was negative, so it's probably a virus of some sort. The mucus has been clear, and I don't feel as bad as I did on Tuesday. I've been taking Claritin D to help, but there's not much else to do except wait. I'm interested to see how long it will take to get over with such a new immune system. Other than that, I'm doing well. Slowly improving each day. I've also noticed a difference in how well I'm absorbing food. In addition to the normal tests next week, I'll get blood drawn for chimerism testing to see how different my new immune system is and which cord took.

1 comment: