Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day -1

I noticed a few hives again a little after I woke up so they gave me more Benadryl. My stomach didn't feel great but I still ate a bit for breakfast and pills down. Nothing special for today, just letting the chemo do its thing and keeping up with the rest of the medication. Dr. Burt said I'll probably be neutropenic tomorrow or the next day. It varies for everyone, so we'll have to see how it goes. They're keeping me on Benadryl regularly since the hives seem to crop up pretty regularly from the Campath left in my system. Its half-life is really long, so it can be expected to continue for a while.

A bit later, I started to feel flush and it felt like my heart rate picked up a bit. I still felt pretty okay, but Amy came by again to check in and they did an EKG, taking every precaution possible. It all went fine and I just relaxed and it all passed. That was the only real excitement for the day. They stopped Mesna and slowed IV fluids, and I actually got detached from the pump for a few hours. Tomorrow I'll get the stem cell infusion in the morning, then I just stay clean, healthy, and wait for it to engraft and my new immune system to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment