Saturday, August 20, 2011

Day -6

Again, nothing too exciting today. One of the physical therapists made it to me today. She went over some exercises to do, and said to walk for a bit a couple times a day, and use the exercise bike, and just get out of bed and do anything I can on bad days. They'll come by later in the week to check in.

The Fludarabine went fine again. They moved me down a floor to the isolation rooms after dinner, which is where the rest of Dr. Burt's patients are. They did another VRE swab since I changed rooms. The nurse went over the precautions I'll start taking as my immune system weakens. Basically wash your hands before and after you do anything.

They'll draw blood, do an EKG, and start IV fluids overnight in preparation for Cytoxan. The EKG is to get a baseline because Cytoxan can affect the heart. They'll give me Cytoxan at 10AM and premeds half an hour before. Cytoxan can cause kidney problems so they'll give Lasix, a diuretic, along with the fluids to keep everything flushing out. I'll go into more details tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment