Monday, August 15, 2011

PICC Line Placement

I had to wait about an hour before they were ready for me. They cleaned my right arm very thoroughly and then the doctor came in to do an ultrasound to find the right vein. He gave a shot of local anesthesia and I barely felt anything after that. The wire went in on the inside of the bicep. It was a bit strange to feel the catheter going in, but there wasn't any pain. The doctor took images while inserting the line to make sure it followed the vein and it was where he wanted it, and he was done after about 20-30 minutes from when I got on the table. I don't need to use the lines until Thursday so they cleaned and closed off the three lumens and put a sleeve over it to keep it out of the way. My arm is still sore, but it's not very restrictive.

Just two more days! I'm getting my head shaved on Wednesday then deciding what I want to do for my last meal out.

1 comment:

  1. Get a nice, big, bloody steak at some classy restaurant. Can't go wrong with steak.

    ReplyDelete