Friday, August 19, 2011

Day -7

Nothing exciting today. I slept alright once the nurse unplugged the bed for me. It automatically inflates/deflates based on pressure to prevent pressure ulcers (bedsores), and you can't turn that feature off (first world problems), but that's not something I have to worry about. I guess you're even less prone to pressure ulcers if the bed keeps you awake, too. Talk about engineering.

I took iron and one of the antibiotics this morning on an empty stomach, since they brought it pretty early, and ended up throwing up. No nausea since, though. Dr. Craig and Dr. Burt came by to check in. Dr. Burt said to just stop the iron to simplify things since it's pretty insignificant at this point. They put me down for physical therapy for some extra exercise but they're already overbooked. I don't think anyone turns down the offer, so it may be a few days before they get to me. I'll just do what I can on my own for now.

Same story with the Zofran and Fludarabine as yesterday. Haven't felt a thing. Still on the general diet, and a room hasn't opened up on the isolation floor. They're hoping one will tomorrow. I've still been feeling pretty well Crohn's-wise, so it looks like one more easy day tomorrow with Fludarabine and then I'll start Cytoxin on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment