Monday, August 22, 2011

Day -4

I took another Ambian and got an okay night's sleep. I woke up and vomited a few hours after I fell asleep, likely from the Cytoxin, so they gave me more Zofran and that took care of things. My electrolytes were a bit low, which is pretty normal for the transplant process, so they hung Magnesium and Potassium. No real changes in my blood counts at that point.

Same deal with the Ativan, Zofran, Decadron, and Cytoxan. That went by easily. A bit after Cytoxan finished, I ate half a sandwich before the Campath started, which ran for an hour. They gave me Benadryl and Tylenol half an hour before starting it. The Benadryl didn't knock me out, surprisingly, and it was double the dose I'm used to. They gave me more Lasix around that time. While the Campath was finishing up, I started becoming nauseous and vomited the snack. While the nurse was getting Compazine, another antiemetic that makes you a bit drowsy, and I vomited again. Compazine still wasn't enough and the nausea and vomiting persisted, so they gave me more Ativan. I was shaking and in pain all over, by that point, so they got me some heat packs and Demerol, a narcotic analgesic, which finally knocked me out. I think I was out for almost 2 hours and I felt so much better once I woke up.

I just took it easy after that, sipping on ice and water. After that stayed down, I nibbled on some saltine crackers and just stuck with that and am feeling alright. I just got more Lasix and the nurse hung another bag of Potassium. I've got the slew of antibiotics to take, and they gave me Marinol to try since marijuana relieved nausea for me. I'll take an Ambian in a bit and get ready for round 2 of fun tomorrow. Just two more days of Cytoxan and Campath. Hopefully, since we know how today went, they can be prepared for everything tomorrow if it goes similarly. I'll ask Dr. Burt in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment